I love snickerdoodles and I grew up making them with my Nana’s recipe. She liked to put her own spin on recipes. I have not seen another recipe for snickerdoodles that is like this.
The cookies are so soft and flavorful. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I know it would make my Nana happy to see others making them as well.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 cup self-rising flour (if the dough is too wet add 4 tbsp)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp colored sugar (to roll the dough in)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the shortening and sugar thoroughly, add the eggs and beat.
- Stir in vanilla and then add the flour. (If the dough is too runny add the additional 4 tbsp flour.)
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Shape dough into teaspoon sized balls and roll in the colored sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.