The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I still remember being a kid and watching the fireworks in Tarpon Springs, FL from my Grandma’s house. To this day I still think those were the best fireworks I have ever seen. Lots of times we would have big family picnics or barbecues to celebrate the 4th of July. I loved all the patriotic dishes that were served.
Over the years I have made many different holiday recipes but I love making these Red, White & Blue Strawberries. They are delicious and it’s the perfect time of year for the strawberries. The dessert is very simple to make and doesn’t have to be perfect, I actually like them a lot better when they aren’t perfect. It’s a simple recipe that you can even do with you kids and they will definitely have fun, I mean who doesn’t love dipping fruit in white chocolate.
The dessert is sweet and juicy without being overwhelming sugary since you are using fruit. Every time I have made them for an event or a party they disappear really quick! Make sure you try some before you put them out for everyone else or you may not get one.
Red, White & Blue Strawberries
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips can also use white chocolate baking melts
- 1 Container Strawberries
- 3 Tbsp blue sugar
- Wash and dry the the strawberries. Place clean strawberries on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Lay out wax paper or parchment paper on your countertop.
- Pour the blue sprinkles onto a plate and set near the wax paper.
- Measure the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl (I use glass) and follow the instructions on the back of the package to melt the chips.
- Once the chips are all melted dip the strawberries in the white chocolate one at a time.
- Immediately dip the bottom of the strawberry into the blue sugar.
- Lay the strawberries on the wax or parchment paper for the white chocolate to harden.
- Once harden you can serve immediately or place in the fridge and serve later.