Fresh Start for Your Kitchen
Are you looking for a fresh start in your kitchen? Have you experienced a new move, a loss or are you just ready to replace the old items in your kitchen? If you are I completely understand, in the beginning of 2020 my 10-year relationship ended and I left our apartment with just two bins of kitchen items. Then my sister and I lost almost everything in a fire in our apartment complex a little over a month ago. (You can read about it here).
Since we will have to replace everything from the kitchen we want to have a purposeful fresh start, not just buying random things that aren’t what we want. Sometimes we just buy stuff to fill the gaps even if it’s not what we want. By following my steps below it should help you identify what you need and want so you don’t waste time and money getting stuff you will never use.
I want to share how we are doing our fresh start to help anyone else who needs a fresh start.
Steps to A Fresh Start for Your Kitchen
- Make a list of everything that was in your kitchen or check out my kitchen checklist here.
- If you have nothing, remember that in an emergency situation you may have to buy some filler things to get buy. We quickly ordered a set of inexpensive pots and pans from Amazon, plus some kitchen utensils. It is hard to make a decision of exactly what you want to replace in that moment so I preferred to spend a little to get by until insurance paid out and we could buy what we really wanted.
- Look at the list of what you had and think about what you used. Do you really need to replace an item that you used one time? Maybe not, unless it was a macaron kit (cause I had plans to make more).
- Decide on a budget of what you want to spend. Do you plan on replacing everything at once or do you want to buy it over time? This can really affect what your budget is. For example, we have been wanting to replace our blenders with a Vitamix, so we are going to keep an eye out for a good deal and wait until then to replace it.
- Start researching the items you want to replace, this is where we are right now.
- Once you choose what you want to replace then you get to start the fun: Shopping!
Over the next few weeks I am going to share what items we are wanting to replace. This week I will focus on the small kitchen appliances. Stay tuned for more posts to help you get your fresh start in your kitchen.
Small Kitchen Appliances
What are the things that you miss the most in the kitchen? For me it is the small kitchen appliances. The day after the fire we bought an inexpensive toaster to have in the hotel. I am so glad that we did. Below are the small kitchen appliances we want to purchase to replace what we lost.
Stand Mixer & Attachements
Best Buy KitchenAid – KSM150PS Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – Ink Blue
Starting over and rebuilding isn’t easy but if you take it step by step you can get through it. Sometimes you will feel so overwhelmed but know that it will get better each day. I hope the list above helps you get started on your fresh start.